153 days ago
Job ID: 492
AEIS is an Employer of Choice within the TIC Sector
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
AEIS is a premier engineering inspection services and construction materials testing company in NY Metro Area. We are a minority women owned business enterprise (MWBE) providing variety of services for inspection, testing, failure analysis, engineering and research of materials. As an independent commercial inspection and testing agency, AEIS provides comprehensive Special Inspection Agency, Construction Material Testing, Engineering Laboratory Services and Non Destructive Testing to our clients. AEIS is a dynamic, global organization that provides these services to the construction as well as aerospace, automotive, defense, electronic, manufacturing, marine, medical devices and petrochemical industries. Our engineers and scientists have over 125 years of combined experience in failure analysis and prevention of failures. Their expertise is optimized by the addition of state-of-art equipment to our laboratories and inspection departments. Inspection and tests are conducted in accordance with ABS, AFNOR, AISC, API, ASME, ASTM, AWS, BIS, BS, BV, DIN, DNV, EN, JIS, Lloyd’s Register, NACE, NYSSCM, PANYNJ, SAE, SSPC, as well as clients’ and other agencies’ specifications/ criteria.
- Performing a variety of laboratory standardized tests tasks on soils and construction materials using established methods laboratory testing tasks.
- Management of AASHTO laboratory accreditation.
- Experience and familiarity performing soil and rock strength tests, including but not limited to ASTM D2850, D4767, and D2435.
- Reviewing and preparing laboratory test reports per ASTM requirements.
- Preparation of soil boring log reports.
- Perform Laboratory maintenance.
- Perform maintenance, arrange calibration and operation of laboratory testing equipment.
- Overseeing staff performing laboratory testing.
- Develop scopes and fees for laboratory testing.
- Duties will require lifting, carrying and pulling in excess of 50 lbs. occasionally, 20-50 lbs. frequently and up to 10 lbs. consistently.
- Duties will require frequent bending, walking, sitting and standing.
A laboratory manager will bring strong detail and analytical skills, must have excellent oral and written communication skills, solution-oriented knowledge and a collaborative attitude that is essential for working in our multi-company and multi-departmental organization. They will work closely with our engineers and project managers to coordinate various field services. They are required to have practical knowledge of science and engineering, and a practical knowledge of mathematics or computer science.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
- Insurable driving record
- Bachelors/ Masters in Civil Engineering is preferable
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience
- Willingness to work in a team setting, be punctual, detail orientated, communicative
- Willingness to complete comprehensive measurement, computing, reporting, and documentation along with following standard processes, procedures, and report standards.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Title: Construction Materials Laboratory Manager AEIS LLC
Department: Construction Materials Laboratory
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Location: United States,Rahway,NJ